There is limited coverage. Some networks have better coverage than others but on the whole the signal is not strong.
Yes, provided that…
- …your firepit will actually protect the grass from damage (not all firepits are suitable for camping).
- …you ask a staff member to empty your firepit for you (please don’t dump ashes or embers in bins or hedges).
- …your wood is certified firewood. Never burn garden cuttings/timber off-cuts which create lots of sparks and smoke – which can be toxic.
- …you extinguish your firepit before midnight.
Please contact a staff member and they will facilitate this for you.
Please don’t dump ashes or embers in bins or hedges.
Water pistols and paddling pools are permitted at your pitch but must be kept away from facilities. Water balloons are not allowed as they are a hazard to wildlife.
Don’t count on it! Sometimes we arrange street food vendors on summer weekends, but we can’t make any guarantees for external caterers. If caterers have been arranged during your stay, you will be emailed details in the week leading up to your arrival In the past we’ve enjoyed food including: pizzas, hog roasts, BBQs, Caribbean, and good old fish ‘n’ chips!
No, we only sell firewood on site. The nearest shops are:
- Post Office Store – Ivinghoe LU79EP (0.6 miles)
- Mason’s Premier – Pitstone LU79AT (1.1 miles)
- Closest Supermarket – Tesco, Tring HP235NB (4.2 miles)
Yes, there are power sockets at the wash blocks.
Yes the communal kitchen compromises of washing up sinks, microwaves, kettles and fridge freezer*. There’s also a coin operated washing machine.
* Fridge/freezer space can be limited so don’t count on it! We recommend bringing a cool box and using our freezer to re-freeze your ice packs.
- They are intended for food storage only. Do not leave alcohol in them, it will be removed.
- All food stored in the fridge/freezers must be bagged and labelled so remember to bring a marker pen. Any unlabelled food will be removed and binned. Sorry!
All drinking water taps are clearly marked.
No, the hot water is on 24/7. Showers are free to use anytime.